Right now the fall weather is Santa Barbara perfect. As the locals will know, our summer was uncharacteristically hot and dry. Another Santa Barbara truism is that since we really live in Camelot where (according to the lyrics) it only rains after sun down. This might not be true this year as we are expecting an El Nino of significant proportions. (Likely since I removed my front lawn.)
I would suggest that you take action now to avoid catastrophe later.
- Clean and repair gutters, downspouts and drains.
- Inspect for leaky windows, doors, and roofs.
- Check slopes for signs of erosion.
- Inspect retaining walls for signs of distress or failure.
- Investigate if you need flood insurance.
A failure in any of these systems could lead to some significant damage to your property. I might be able to help you with referrals if you need them. I like referrals especially when they are in my direction as well.